As its name suggests, it searches for ‘double’ copies of all types of files employing any combination of name, size, modification date, or content. You can also employ wildcard searches and filter results using masks or attributes like file size range or files with certain properties like ‘read only’, ‘hidden’ etc.
The results are displayed at the end of the scan and here you can manually or automatically select the files to be deleted. The results can also be exported as a tab-delimited text file which can be imported into a spreadsheet application.
The 793 KB standalone program comes as a free version and also as a paid version with more sophisticated features.
Supported OS: Windows
- - Free up hard disk space by removing unnecessary duplicate files
- - Reduce the time needed for backups or file searches
- - Tidy up your picture or music collection
- - Scans directories, complete drives or computers in your Network Neighborhood for duplicate files
- - Freely combinable comparison criteria (file name, size, date and content)
- - You can exclude files based on their name, file type, attributes or size
- - Presents a list of all identical files so you can decide which ones to remove
- - Deletes the files you chose or moves them to another directory
- - Allows to export the result list to a text file
DoubleKiller is a stand-alone executable that does not need to be installed, just extracted and run, and does not alter the system in any way without the user's prior permission.